Thursday 22 December 2011

Quilmes... tasty beer

My bedtime here in Argentina seems to suit most people. It may have been a Wednesday but as usual we all went out until 2am. Yesterday we went to Arestides street which is the dining place to go to. Every night outside hundreds of people pack the pavement eating.


From Left: Bruno, Juan Cruz and myself


Left: Cecillia from Belgium and Gustavo from Brazil (with awesome beer)


Ceci with a Mojito and Gustavo with Quilmes


Juanma, 2012 Local Committee President AIESEC Mendoza and awesome Cooparte intern from Brazil, Emilly :)


I`ve been to Extrremo two times now and although I cannot praise their food, the atmosphere is great. It was here I discovered the world`s only good tasting beer (Emilly from Brazil agrees with me totally). It`s called Quilmes and, if you have ever seen me drink beer, you will know it takes me a long time and I don`t hurry to have another one but Quilmes - wow. A beer that actually tastes nice.

On the nonsocial side, I start work at Cooparte next week and my university accredited, month long Spanish course in January :) On the note of Spanish... I`m spoiled here by the number of great English speakers, I really am, so I haven`t been speaking much. However I have been told I have a really good accent (by a few people) and can roll my R`s well which is unusual for an English speaker.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you aren't drinking too much. By the way bring me back some of that beer. I better sample it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design on the beer bottle looks nice! Very pretty and I'm sure it tastes incredible if you like it!

    ReplyDelete