Thursday 29 December 2011

Money here - The Argentine Peso

It seems that any money is good money. Sometimes the notes here can be awkwardly old/grubby/tattered but this is irrelevant, even the dirtiest money has value. Occasionally I get given a dirty 2 Pesos note and I try to put it in my wallet without touching it... ew. However, this certainly gives the currency some genuineness and makes recieving change from a vendor always interesting.


2 Pesos notes. Going down in a continuium of tidiness


Higher amounts

As I have also been to Chile, I can compare the currencies' prettiness. Well, if you like tidy money, you will prefer the Chilean option. I think a few years ago they must have updated their currency because within my slick, new Chilean money, one or two older and differently designed notes where slipped in. I assume they are also still viable.





10,000 Chilean pesos is 24.7 dollars NZ. As for the coins, the Argentinian ones are quite pretty and some have gold centres, covered by silver rims like the South African Rand. I like these.

1 comment:

  1. Eww gross. Yucky money. The notes look interesting though.

    ReplyDelete