Thursday 29 December 2011

It's hot in Topeka

You have to be a close friend to get that joke but here in Argentina the fact remains the same: it's damn hot. Now I'm not complaining, no sir, in fact I love the heat. However it does require a lot more sun protection for my white skin. The other day was 36°, the hottest I've experienced in a long time.


Me in the pool with my hat on. It's probably 6:30 pm in this photo

My usual sun gear is a large dress with jacket. However with all the walking we've been doing I've had to rely more on sunscreen (which I have now run out of unfortunatly but fear not I have a substitute). Yep, I've been arriving at the house of Ceci and Emilly with mountains of clothes on, coming inside and pretty much just wearing my underwear (it's ok, nobody died from seeing this)

At night time it is sometimes hard to sleep as well. I usually wear my Cocosur T-shirt from the AIESEC conference in Chile and although we do not have air con, I sleep well almost every night.



Haha, check out "It's hot in Topeka" HERE

4 comments:

  1. Hey! The pool looks so nice to be in. At the moment the country is pouring with rain. It's really muggy at the moment. I'm glad to hear you are still able to sleep well though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed and actually there will be a fan installed in the room I stay in this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that video!! Jelly of the pool and the sun - it's only just made a reappearance here and the rain will be back soon. D:
    Having a good time then? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I thought you asked if there was jelly in the pool... Yup, it's always sunny here. Supposedly the land of good wine and sunshine. Yes i am!! Wondering what to do today. A friends wants to go riding horses through the vineyards (sounds like something you would like actually) so maybe... Either that or shopping ;) (haha, feel shallow writing that :D)

    ReplyDelete